Group Term Life Plan
Peace of mind for your family—protection for their future
Coverage designed with you in mind
With coverage amounts up to $1,000,000, you can select the amount that best protects your loved ones. And, as your needs increase, you can simply apply for more coverage.
Among other things, the insurance benefit can be used to help:
- Provide for your family’s expenses (mortgage, bills, car payments, etc.)
- Safeguard your children’s future (child care, college expenses, weddings, etc.)
- Secure retirement income for your spouse
- Help settle your estate, pay estate taxes, and satisfy other final expenses so your family won’t be burdened.
Additional Plan Features:
- For many coverage amounts, no intrusive tests. Just answer a few simple health questions.
- An Accelerated Benefit Option feature allows you to receive 50% of your benefit up to $250,000 if terminally ill with a life expectancy of 12 months or less*
Coverage that you can take with you
The Plan has a portability feature that allows you to keep your coverage even if you change jobs, as long as you remain a County Bar member.
Have any questions or concerns?
Depending on your needs, additional options are available under the Plan:
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage (AD&D)
- You have the option to elect additional coverage, up to a maximum of $500,000, that pays a benefit amount if you die by accident.
- Dependent Child Coverage
- For $20 a year, you can insure your eligible dependent children with $10,000 of term life insurance. Coverage begins at your child’s birth; there is no waiting period and no evidence of insurability is required. The cost is added to your Member Term Life premium.
- Accelerated Death Benefit Option
- The Group Term Life Plan includes this important feature for insured members diagnosed with a terminal illness, with a life expectancy of 12 months or less. Subject to the terms of the contract, 50% of your coverage amount to a maximum of $250,000 may be payable to you to assist you and your family. The amount payable at death is then reduced by the accelerated benefit amount paid. Please consult with your tax advisor to review any tax implications.
Group Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverages are issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America, 751 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102. This presentation is intended to be a summary of benefits and does not include all policy provisions, exclusions and limitations. A Booklet-Certificate, with complete information, including limitations and exclusions, will be provided. If there is a discrepancy between this document and the Booklet-Certificate issued by Prudential, the terms of the Booklet-Certificate will govern. Contract series 83500. CA COA#1179, NAIC# 68241.
Accelerated Death Benefit option is a feature that is made available to group life insurance participants. It is not a health, nursing home, or long-term care insurance benefit and is not designed to eliminate the need for those types of insurance coverage. The death benefit is reduced by the amount of the accelerated death benefit paid. There is no administrative fee to accelerate benefits. Receipt of accelerated death benefits may affect eligibility for public assistance and may be taxable. The federal income tax treatment of payments made under this rider depends upon whether the insured is the recipient of the benefits and is considered terminally ill. You may wish to seek professional tax advice before exercising this option.
Coverage is made available as long as you maintain your membership in a sponsoring association. The group contract is issued to the Couch Braunsdorf National Trust.